LSR is experienced in delivering first class training courses for officers, lawyers and surveyors. Our team use these courses to pass on extensive knowledge and experience to others in the industry.
Training is provided at our Colchester office and at venues in London. We also offer in-house training.
We are offering a variety of courses throughout 2019, to find out more please follow this link. For more information on any of these training courses please get in touch with our team today.
Who is our training for?
Officers who can benefit from our thorough training courses include: planning and enforcement officers; tree, listed building and conservation area officers; and legal officers;
(we also provide training to conveyancers, property lawyers, architects and surveyors).
Not every individual or authority requires the same training. Consequently, we offer three options: standard courses, custom courses and bespoke courses.
What does the training cover?
We run a series of highly popular standard courses, all of which have been constructed to arm our attendees with the knowledge needed to address commonly encountered planning and enforcement issues. They include:
Introduction to Planning and Enforcement (2 Days)
- The Planning System
- Development & Permitted Development
- Lawful Development
- Breaches of Planning Control, Investigations, RFIs
- Enforcement Notices, Breach of Condition Notices, Stop Notices, Injunctions
- Advertisement Control
- Listed Buildings
- Untidy Land
Drafting Planning Notices (1 Day)
- Breaches of Planning Control
- Investigating Breaches, including RFIs
- Planning Contravention Notices (PCNs)
- Enforcement Notices
- Practical Exercise – Drafting a PCN and Enforcement Notice
Advanced Enforcement (1 Day)
- The Planning Unit
- Primary & Ancillary Uses
- Pre-commencement Conditions
Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984 (PACE) (1 Day)
- Criminal Offences
- Codes of Practice
- Investigations & Evidence
- Practical Exercise – Interviewing Suspects Under Caution on Tape
Conquering the Advert Regulations (1 Day)
- Advert Control
- Consideration of Applications
- Advert Consent
- Unauthorised Adverts
Permitted Development (1 Day)
- Schedule 2 and Parts Within Schedule 2
- Details of Part 1, Part 2 & Part 3
- Conditions, Limitations and Interpretation
- Removal of PD Rights
- Prior Notifications/Approvals
If you have needs that are not fulfilled by the standard courses, you can choose modules from the existing courses to form your very own programme. Our courses are linked on our booking form or simply call us to find out more.
If none of the above courses or modules are suitable for your needs, LSR is able to craft a series of bespoke modules specifically for you. Get in touch with us today to find out more about our tailored options.
Why Choose LSR?
With our vast experience in planning law, planning and enforcement matters, LSR is in a prime position to pass on our knowledge and expertise to officers. For more information on our wide range of training courses, or to find out about creating your own, get in touch with our team today by calling our offices or by using our online form.